Thursday, March 20, 2008

When you accomplish something...

The life of an artist is never boring. Sure, it may have moments of "blah" but it eventually finds something that you can do or say that makes it more than fun to be alive.

Case in point: Last night Cory, after tireless hours, made a short film for his family on Easter. If you don't know, Cory is my roommate and best friend. We have known each other for over 10 years now (wow!).

Anyhoo, Cory worked until about 5 am today to finish the movie and, tonight, we transfered it to the computer and onto DVD. We watched it over and over, put it to music, and it turned out pretty well.

This, in turn, inspired me to work on some of my plays. This year I plan on finishing a number of first drafts. I have about five that are in the first quarter of being done. However, I have not took off on any one of them yet and cannot, for the life of me, figure out how all of them are going to end. However, I have no doubt that they will come to me and, when they do, I will have more than enough works to consider myself well on my way creatively.

So, whatever inspires you, go with it. It's more than just fun, really. I just hope that I can keep it going before I feel too old.

Peace.


No comments: