Sunday, March 30, 2008

My adventures in writing

Last year was my most productive year in my writing life. I wrote six plays of varying length and am very proud of each of them. This year, to top that ambition, I would love to finish 10. Now, if you look at most people who aspire to writing plays, they tend to write a couple and then hammer them to death. I did that to a play I barely want to ever look at again (14 drafts so far). However, to finish 10 would be a miracle.

I don't necessarily follow the rules of writing a play. I first start with writing a little dialogue and then try to come up with a scenario later. Often I find the plot somewhere in the first 20 pages or so.

Now, how I could finish 10 plays or scripts this year could be pretty easy, actually. I have at least five that are in the first 20 pages. I also have a couple that are over 50 that could be done in no time.

However, I have about 20 concepts that could be turned into outlines, something most writers do first, and those could either pour out of me or sit on my computer for the rest of time.

Either way, I will try to keep this blog informed of my progress. So far I am not close to being finished with any of them and it is the end of March.

Peace.

No comments: