Wednesday, March 19, 2008

President for all

I figured something out not that long ago: President Bush is not a president for all. In fact, he is president for a rare few and that is hugely, hugely disappointing.

I don't purport to know much about the presidents in our history. However, from what I can figure out, isn't this leader support to be the leader of all people?

Bush has a lot of rhetoric that sounds like he is looking for all Americans but he really isn't. He looks out for special interests and people that have the neoconservative ideals but he doesn't really care for the other half that call themselves liberals. That's too bad, since he told us, in the beginning, that he was a "uniter."

And that's why I like this guy Obama. After watching snippets from the speech he gave yesterday, Tuesday, I have no doubt that this guy has the best of intentions for this country, regardless of his political stripe. A great orator he may be, I hear an intelligence in his words, dating back to the Democratic national convention of 2004. He could be great for this country, especially after the ineffectiveness of Bush and his agenda.

Please, if you read this, research this guy. I think you will like what you see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right on. I'm a proud Obama Mama! ~Krista