Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Performance Reviewed

Today I sat down with the manager of my restaurant, Big Bowl, and proved, once again, that if you are a self-conscious person who feels the need to drive themselves crazy by working harder than everyone else, you can get a good performance review.

It was nice to be able to tell my concerns and be told how I did at my job, but I kinda feel like things are necessarily taken seriously when it comes to the quality of workers I have to deal with.

Now, most of the people I work with are "cool" but some are bad apples, not in the way of selling drugs or robbing people but don't really give a crap about the job they are at. Sure, they are there to make money but it is the general sense of apathy that is warming to others who would rather be somewhere else, all the while I am here and trying my best to make ends meet.

Hopefully, at some future time, things will get better. The apathetic ones will either grow up or move on. I would rather they grow up and, for the most part, I am surrounded by older workers (those in their late 20s, 30s) so it isn't all bad.

I'm sure my feelings are no different than any other place on Earth, only that this is the corner I choose to stay in. Bummer for me...

Peace.

No comments: