Thursday, April 10, 2008

Cory and Ian's Birthday

What could have been horrible, the thought of two over 30s celebrating their birthday in a kid-centric location, actually turned out to be a lot of fun.

Cory and Ian share back-to-back birthdays, albeit two years apart. With this reality, Krista, Ian's wife, and I came up with a plan to meet at Chuck E. Cheese's and celebrate with friends.

I was wary at first, I admit, because, well, Cory sometimes is apprehensive to the thought of going out in venues not of his choosing. However, things turned out fun. We got some pizzas, decent for the price, and got a pretty sweet deal that included 100 tokens, to which we were able to curtail into a night of playing 100 different games.

I also thought Kathleen wouldn't enjoy herself but she had a lot of fun, especially on a game called the "Flaming Finger." It was quite frustrating, actually. Not one of our great, intelligent minds was able to defeat this game, although we all came close.

The prizes for some of the games was tickets which we used to get some crap toys. I think we all had more fun trying to win the prize tickets than actually getting the prizes.

All in all it was a fun day. It start with Kathleen and I getting our respective bicycles. It was unnerving trying to get mine home since I had to use the exterior rack for the first time but it stayed on. Unfortunately the garage where I would be storing it is pretty disgusting, as I noticed all the other bikes were covered in soot.

Happy birthday Cory and Ian!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks again, Nick! It was a lot of fun, and I know Ian really enjoyed himself. Btw, I'd love to see the pics you took, when you get them uploaded. :-) ~Krista