Monday, April 7, 2008

I like to ride my bicycle...


Okay, I haven't picked it up yet but, Saturday, with a feeling of adventure, I purchased my latest toy: A road bike.

I went to my old company, Erik's Bike Shop, and bought myself the bike I always wanted, sort of. It isn't the latest nor greatest but it will be great for me. Thanks to the tax check most of us will be getting, it will also cost me very little out of pocket.

I am looking forward to a healthy escape from my daily life and this just may be the answer I was looking for.

Normally I am one to go half-hearted into working out. Sure, I lift weights occasionally and, even more ocassionally, I go to the gym but this could be just thing I am looking for.

Most times when one goes out in a car or on foot they have an intention. I drive to a certain place to do a certain thing. With a bike you don't need to have a certain place to go, just the adventure of it.

I will be posting more about my adventures in cycling and hope that I get something out of it. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Krista said...

Sweet bike! I've gotta get me one of those. Of course, mine will be not nearly as fancy, and will have the Lily trailer behind it. :-)