Saturday, July 19, 2008

The biker wants more

After a rather strenuous ride this past week, I am now debating whether to spend more money on my bike. I have bought most of the accessories a rider could use, one who goes for exercise runs, and I am finding that I would like better stuff for the bike, not necessarily a better bike.

I love my bike. It isn't necessarily the best bike on the road and the Le Tour de France riders would more than likely laugh at me if we lined up at the starting line together but I like it. It is comfortable for distance riding (I average 20 miles a ride) and it still looks cool.

But there is always that itch in me that I want more. So now it may be time to open the wallet and just give in. I was told, today, that I could reduce the weight overall and I could upgrade the wheels to give it an even better speed feeling but do I want to spend a bunch of money on this bike or save it toward another bike? After all, bikes cost what they do and the components just get better on every model.

Now, don't think that I am going to move to a $5,000 all carbon fiber Cervelo when I don't have that kind of change lying around. I would just like to be able to kick more ass.

Maybe I just need to sell some of my other crap and then buy a couple new things. I'll let you know.

Peace.

No comments: